TopTenReviews recently published their evaluations of ten "value-priced" survey software packages (I say "value-priced because they are all below $600 for the entire system).
The systems they looked at were Survey Crafter Professional from SurveyCrafter, StatPac by StatPac, The Survey System by Creative Research Systems, FormArtist by Quask, SumQuest by SumQuest, EZSurvey by Raosoft, Survey Said by Marketing Masters, Survey Gold by Golden Hills Software, Survey Genie by William Steinberg Consultants and iMagic Survey Pro by iMagic Software.
The reviewers at TopTen selected Survey Crafter Professional as their favorite because it has "the perfect balance of creative freedom coupled with strong statistical analysis." StatPac Survey Software was rated second highest followed by The Survey System which was given third place.
Although the reviews are fairly short, if you’re looking for a fairly inexpensive system ranging from $100 to $600 these reviews are probably enough to get you started.
- TopTenReview’s Survey Software Report 2007
- Survey Crafter Pro web site
- StatPac Survey Software web site
- The Survey System web site
- Quask FormArtist web site
- SumQuest Survey Software web site
- Raosoft EZSurvey web site
- Survey Said web site
- Golden Hills Software’s SurveyGold
- William Steinberg Consultant’s Survey Genie
- iMagic Survey Software